14 May 2011

Our Little World

I'm grateful for this juggling game. This race against no one but myself.

----------------------

Saturdays are typically my sleep in days while R takes over parenting duties for a little bit. But a few weekends ago I had visions of a petite redhead meeting the Easter Bunny for the first time. I don't like to glance at mortality, let alone shake hands with her and make polite pleasantries, but sometimes you have to drag your ass out of bed to take your daughter to meet the Easter bunny, just in case.

We braved the rain, the cold and a 45 minute drive, but it was so worth it.





I was tickled she didn't have a meltdown, but was rather perplexed. Not so tickled the Easter Bunny is covering up her outfit I carefully put together, but c'est la vie.


We hid under bright red baskets at Chipotle. Her little grin is so precious to me.




We wore raincoats decorated with cheery daisies.





I loved our day of grooving as our family of 3. I've had over a year to digest this new picturesque reality and yet it still feels so triumphant to type; each time the bold truth of it settles a little deeper into my soul.

I make note of this spunky team we've created with our girl and I smile at how we all contribute threads separately that are woven together to build our lives and make us all stronger as individuals. (& it is funny how a trip to Target makes me see this.)

We climb into bed for a nap and I take careful mental snapshots of it all. S softly following the line of daddy's eyelashes with her fingertips, how we are all so close that our unique scents mingle and crash into each other to form the smell of a family, that is together, no matter what. Each fragrance is tied to a specific memory; and there is nothing stronger than that. I bask in and take note of these little moments, that really aren't so little.

Happy Weekend!
(p.s. - I did my best to recreate this entry because blogger ate the original one. Of course it won't be exactly the same, but it was important for me to try. It was such a sweet day.)

27 comments:

  1. At least she isn't screaming. JDaniel would have put up a fuss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny because I would have been annoyed at her outfit being covered up too! #CommentHour

    http://www.alittlenosh.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL.. that is a priceless photo. #commenthour

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! Cutes bunny AND KID ever! Visiting from SITS commenthour

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet. What a cute blog! My toddler wouldn't go near the bunny, haha #commenthour

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous, fabulous photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sweet post! she's so cute! Came from the SITS comment hour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute and adorable!


    Visiting from CommentHour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Moments like that are so precious!

    Visiting from #commenthour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so jaleous! Your picture is so cool! I want a picture of me and a big fat bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simple adorable. I would have been mad about the outfit too. Might have even asked for retakes. Love the line about smells crashing. Such a lovely sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a blessing she must be and what wonderful moments you have captured!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful. Your little girl is adorable. The Bunny, not so much! Heh.

    #CommentHour

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a great photo and now a great memory to look back on. I love her red hair - so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is so sweet! Visiting from #CommentHour

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is such a doll! So beautiful. I love the way you write.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We are big fans of family naps with the babe :) Cute photo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing writing as always!

    Cheers, KM

    ReplyDelete
  19. The photo made me giggle, only because I know of so many children who would have been screaming and trying to get away from the "big scary white furry thing with ears", but your darling child is just wondering exactly what's going on. It's so cute!

    visiting from #commenthour

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww!! What a sweet post! This made me smile so big!. I cannot wait to have what you have. A family complete with little ones. I yearn for that and it's been a long road but we're almost there.
    #commenthour

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow your writing is so poetic! I love this story. I also love you you can sit back and appreciate the small things.

    Stopping by from #commenthour

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a sweet day :) FYI - I would have been pissed about the outfit too... Dude, Bunny, get your hands off the outfit, you are wrecking the effect! HA HA HA... the bunny my kids saw was creepy, looked like it wanted to eat the babies. Ugh!

    Visiting from Comment Hour last night :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those are super cute photos. I didn't get to take my Bubbie to see the Easter Bunny this year but the year before that he was pretty calm. Thank you for sharing this post with us!
    -Jessica
    #commenthour

    ReplyDelete
  24. aww what a cute pics..

    coming from UB11 ~ still doing it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a cute little girl you have! I'm glad she enjoyed meeting the Easter Bunny. I have a picture of me when I was around that age and I'm crying my head off! I did not care for the Easter Bunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your daughter is beautiful and you're a really good writer too. Just sounded really poetic.

    Following you here from Mom Blog Monday Blog Hop.

    Please come visit us at voiceBoks - The Voice of Motherhood and be part of our new Directory that is set to launch on May 23rd. Also find out what everyone's saying, doing, etc. There, you'll also meet a really great group of wonderful women who love to connect and meet new people.

    Have a lovely week!

    Take Care,

    Lexie Lane
    www.voiceboks.com

    P.S. Please come and join our year long Hop with Hopper Strategized when you have a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a cutie pie! Thank you for sharing your happy memory making. Visiting you from VB. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete