10 May 2011

My Girl Tuesday: Kate Hudson

My girl Tuesday was the fantastic idea from my partner in crime, Miss Shelby of shelbylately.com
As she put it, "I suffer from too many girl crushes to count, so every Tuesday I'm going to share one with you."

Such a marvelous idea, I only wish I would have come up with it myself. I'm working on convincing her to do a link up of it every Tuesday! Wouldn't that be fun? ;)


Kate Hudson


I first fell head over heels for Kate when I saw her in Almost Famous the weekend of my Make A Wish trip way back when. It was the perfect setting and circumstances to view said movie, as I had come to the teenage conclusion my only wish in life was to travel to a different country (hey, Canada is another country) to meet three blonde boys from Tulsa, Oklahoma. Well, Canada wasn't exactly part of my wish but a very important person who had to be with me on that trip lives there so it is kind of kismet how it all worked out.

I'm getting off track. One of these days I will write about the whole entirely magical experience and how my dad was nearly arrested because he was simply trying to make it as memorable as possible for me. Haha, I kid you not! ;)

Kate Hudson. Yes, I do have quite the girl crush on her. So much so that I continually forgive her for all of the horrible movies she continues to do since her stunning performance as Penny Lane in Almost Famous. Now that is love, baby. Honestly she was enigmatic as the queen of the bandaids and I haven't seen her even come close since. But I think that her oscar nominated role was so filled with fabulous-ness that it makes up for all of the mediocre parts that have followed.

One of my favorite scenes; it gives me chills.



Kate, I will continue to love you no matter how many awful movies you do because you captured what it is to truly love some silly little piece of music, or some band, so much that it hurts and you reminded us (in our oh so delicate and hormone laden adolescence) to ...never take it seriously, if you never take it seriously, you never get hurt, if you never get hurt, you always have fun, and if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends.

4 comments:

  1. She's definitely one of my favorite actresses!!! Haha, great post

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE that movie. i also associate it with great memories. good choice tahnie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My other fav Kate Hudson movie is How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days!! She is such a lovely person. Great post!

    ReplyDelete