01 January 2011

1.1.11 (& I hear your laugh like a serenade)

1.1.11 and our girl is 11 months old today. I love it.

This morning after scrolling through hopeful and enthusiastic facebook status updates, I made the remark to Rory that it would be so fabulous if everyone treated each new day as if it is the start of a new year. If all human kind had the kind of fresh zest for life and positive eyes a new year encourages us to have.

2010 taught me to believe in the impossible because there was a tiny little girl with a fighting spirit and the heart of a warrior who really wanted to be a part of this world. 2010 also made me realize that even if it is the best year of your life, that doesn't mean it is going to be easy.

Rory made me this video for Christmas:



Makes me cry. Okay, sob would be a more accurate description. Honestly, this all still seems like a dream. A wonderfully busy, fast paced, enlightening, chaotic, inspiring, exhausting, fulfilling, enchanting dream.

5 comments:

  1. Hi there I'm visiting from the Bloggy Moms blog hop. It sounds like you have been through a very challenging year! I look forward to reading more of your blog. I particularly liked your comment about treating each day as if it were the start of a new year - that is wonderful advice! Wishing you and your family a blessed year, filled with many more miracles and lots of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful!! I found your blog from A Bloggy Mom and wanted to stop by and say hello. I competely agree that it would be wonderful and so encouraging if each person started each day as if it were the new year...because truly each day is a new opportunity to change things we don't like. You video made me tear up as well..what a lovely gift! Take care and I will be visiting your blog often!
    -April

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from Marketing Monday! Happy to be following you now!!! I will be back to read more!

    Anna, The Pilot's Wife
    Follow My Blog at: The Pilot's Wife Blog
    Follow me on: Twitter
    Like me on: Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower...your story is amazing. I can't wait to read more about your family and little Sookie. XOXO.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is great! People like yourself inspire me! I myself am fighting an uphill battle against a disease called CRPS that has no known cure. The trials we face only make us stronger in the end. Looking forward to coming back all the best!

    ReplyDelete