31 December 2010

Top 10 of 2010 of Miss Sookie

I'm linking up to The Paper Mama's Top 10 of 2010 to share my absolute favorite top ten shots of Sookie from this past year.

If you know me you probably realize what a tedious task only picking 10 photos was for me. People tease us about how many photos we take of Sookie, but I am so grateful for every single one of them. They capture the moments with her I might forget and that is simply precious. I've been looking at invitations for her upcoming 1st birthday party and this simple act has already pushed me to tears on more than one occasion. How does one year fly by so painfully, albeit beautifully fast?


(1) She is about ten minutes old here. R snapped this with the iPhone. I've never been more relieved in my entire life!



(2) This is in the hospital. I love her skull hat and her teeny tiny sweet feet.



(3) She is 5 weeks old here. I adore the tenderness that was our new little family then.



(4) I snapped this for the story I wrote of my pregnancy for the Spring/Summer 2010 Cystinosis Research Network newsletter. Her innocence here melts my heart.



(5) This was in June in Great Aunt Doe's back yard.



(6) I took this one at the park during a fun little family picnic that just the 3 of us shared on the very first day of summer. I love how her joy covers her whole face!



(7) Many afternoons this summer were spent on our front lawn; complete with blankets, toys, books, and of course sunshine!




(8) This was on Labor Day. She was 7 months here. The glasses kill me.



(9) She was 8 1/2 months here. This was taken at cascade springs during a wonderful visit from my incredible and kind friend Shelby.



(10) This one is a favorite because it sums up our year and really, her simple but extraordinary existance.


6 comments:

  1. I love these! She is so precious!! I really love her hat in the second one and that last one is adorable! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gorgeous!!! They are all so precious, but I love #9.

    Thanks so much for linking up with us!! We have had a blast viewing everyone's photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What an amazing blessing you have! She is such a precious little girl :O) I those sunglasses are way too cute!! I LOVE them!! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog (and love it) and had to tell you that photo #4 of your sweet little Sookie resting on her arms actually made me cry. That is how precious it is. What an adorable girl you have there.

    ReplyDelete