21 December 2010

Things You Should Know About Me If We Are Going to Be BFF

Ashley over at Little Miss Momma posted a fun list the other day entitled Things You Should Know About Me If We Are Going to Be BFF and she has inspired me to do the same.

***********
I'm not proud of it, but Days of our Lives is my guilty pleasure. My mom and I are both hooked.

I have 3 kidneys; only one works.

I met Hanson for my Make-a-wish.

I completely adore the idea behind the iPhone app Monster Meter. If your kids think they have monsters in their bedrooms, this app "scans" the room and tells you it is safe. Isn't my sweetie brilliant? This is his company Appdicted.

My parents are the most supportive and loving people. I am so lucky for that.

R and I met on Match.com Our first date, he didn't pay for my coffee. I thought "Who does this guy think he is?"



I learned to read when I was 4 years old.

I graduated from the University of Utah and had my transplant at the hospital, therefore, I am a fiercely loyal fan of the Utah Utes football team.


I am a complete night owl; always have been, probably always will be. (Yes, even with baby!)

I think the reason online shopping is so fun is because it is as though you receive the item twice; once when you click the oh so sweet order button, and again when you actually receive the physical item in person. (Does this make sense to anyone or am I crazy on this one?)

My mom's side of the family has poker tournaments for our annual family reunions. We have been doing them for over 30 years. It is one of the reasons I know so many relatives on my mom's side and that is truly priceless.

I have been to Jim Morrison's grave in Paris.

I have an unhealthy obsession with diet coke (and diet cherry coke) and sour patch blue raspberries.


If you make me mad, you will know it.

I'm head over heels for anything and everything Stella & Dot.




In February I gave birth to our miracle girl. I'm not shy about her story. If she smiles at you in the grocery store, I might tell you her entire life story; whether you want to hear it or not. I want the world to know about her. She's breathing proof that anything is possible.





11 comments:

  1. your list is great! i'm totally jealous that you me the hansons, i was dead set on marrying zach when i was younger.. haah. i'm right there with you about being a night owl! oh, & your daughter is precious. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your list! Its so interesting and touching! I couldn't believe the kidney story and meeting hanson--and then on top of it you were able to have a beautiful baby! You are an inspiration and I am headed over to read the story of your miracle baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so cute. and i TOTALLY agree with you on the online shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THIS!

    Thanks for linking up at Little Miss Momma! I did too!

    vintagewannabee.blogspot.com!
    -Nichelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THIS! LOVE your list and LOVE HANSON! Ok call me crazy, but I followed Hanson on Tour during my college years. I once followed thier tour bus to three diffrent states and 5 diffrent shows in a matter of 5 days. Marriage, Work (when I was working) and a baby has put a damper on my obsession. I havent been to a show since 2004.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! Your baby is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you about online shopping! It's almost like getting a present...even though you already know what's in the package, you get to rip it all open and look at it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too am a night owl.. even as a mom LOL

    I read your story about Sookie.. beautiful & heart felt. You are so blessed & I am so happy for you & that everything worked out so well. Your daughter is beautiful as are you!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was hooked on Days of Our Lives when I was 14 (ish) I still tune in every now and then.
    That iphone app sounds adorable. My nephew talks about monsters all the time so it would be cool to have for when he's around.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list!
    I'm in awe that you have been through so much and have 3 kidneys. I am a firm believer in organ donation! My niece was only 3 when she passed away but she was an organ donor and recipent. It was really interesting to see both sides if the story.

    New follower here.

    ~Kristy
    www.kristyvilla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Somehow, months later... I happened upon your blog through the Casual Blogger Conference, and I am SO happy I did! What an inspiration you are and I LOVE your list. Well said, well said!!! You have quite the knack for writing - enough information to describe what you're talking about, but short enough to keep us guessing! Now I feel this overwhelming compulsion to read as many of your posts as I can, simply to get to the bottom of all your teasers! (i.e., the 3 kidneys, the "If I'm mad at you, you'll know it" statement, etc., etc.) ;D Thank you so much for sharing with the world!
    Eden
    evergreeneden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete