16 November 2010

What's On Your DVR?


I'm jumping into participating in Friend Makin' Monday hosted by All The Weigh. The topic this week is "What's On Your DVR?" Fortunately, I could talk about T.V. shows forever and a day. Although I'm conflicted lately because I don't let Sookie watch because I don't want her to be a toddler who watches hours upon hours every day. But that is another blog post entirely. I do believe there are some quality shows for little ones out there that really can help them learn thing, but I digress.

Oh goodness, my DVR is in need of organizing like a lot of other things in my life/house. For example? I currently have 30 episodes of Ellen waiting in there for me. I can barely find time to go to the bathroom by myself without Sookie and Jack wanting to join me, when am I going to find time to watch 30 episodes of Ellen?





Rachael Ray;
I go through phases where I adore her and then sometimes I can't stand her. But I've been watching her since the days of $40 a day. I don't watch her very much anymore and yet still have her show set to record every day. I'm not sure why this is. Perhaps it is a mental thing where I have to have a billion options for shampoo, just because I like to know the other choices are there?



The View;
I admit it, The View makes me happy. I don't know why. Maybe I secretly enjoy watching women argue over the sound of each others voices? I think the days without Barbara, are the best ones. Elisabeth Hasselbeck drives me insane, and yet I still watch. Whoopi is great!






Days Of Our Lives;
Wow, I shouldn't even be confessing to this, but oh well. I'm obsessed. There's something freakishly satisfying in watching someone being poisoned by their mother in law to make you realize maybe your problems are not the end of the world like they seem to be. Yes, it's silly. Yes, it's ridiculous. But you know what? There have been multiple occasions when I feel particularly down and I say to myself, "Well, you know, at least your ex-husband didn't hire someone to kidnap your daughter because he wanted revenge."


Ellen;
Ellen makes me laugh. Ellen makes my seemingly endless piles of laundry less tedious. I love what she does for families who are struggling. She is such a light; so at peace with herself and that really radiates through on her show.





Dancing With The Stars;
I wasn't strong enough to resist the temptation this season. Kyle Massey is ADORABLE. (And I had never heard of him before this season.) Love him. Their dance to "Good Golly Miss Molly" was so much fun to watch.


How I Met Your Mother;
This season has been interesting but I'm eager to see where they go with this whole Marshall and Lily baby making story line. NPH is brillaint.

We also watch The Middle (love Brick...so cute!), Modern Family, Big Bang Theory, The Office (of course) and a few others. Our T.V. time has seriously declined since Sookie joined our family and I really don't like to have it on when she is awake, but we try to watch a little after she goes to bed. 



4 comments:

  1. I watch mainly crime shows (CSI, Criminal Minds, etc) and cooking shows. : )

    I am following now from Tuesday Tag! You're It! (Latsyrc728.. it is a different picture). I hope you will visit me too: http://www.thriftyandfrugalliving.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower from Tuesday Tag! Please come visit me, www.frugalonthecheap.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm new here and have had so much fun catching up on your blog. Your daughter is so cute! Love her name. Gilmore Girls used to be one of my favorite shoes back in the day and one of the characters was Sookie...love that! Anyway, this was a fun post...I go through the same thing with RR but love her morning show on ABC! Hope your first packing trip with Sookie went/goes well!

    ReplyDelete