13 February 2012

there is magic everywhere

Glitter in the dryer lint always makes me smile. It is my modern telegraph from the angels, a gentle nudge as if to whisper, "Hey, remember when the life you are living now was only a mere fantasy in your head? Well, it is here, it is now, and you are living it baby! There are sized 12 to 18 month clothes in your washer and they belong to your daughter, who grew in you. Although your body fails you on a daily basis, never lose the wonder of how it was able to produce a perfectly healthy jumping fairy, with red curls that dance in the beams of afternoon light."








She reaches for my hand as we take out the garbage. I don't have to ask, it is a silent gesture. How is she able to walk on her own out in the dark of night? Over steps and down a concrete driveway? I scoop her up nonetheless, simply because I can.


Her arms swing high and point in different directions, looking for the moon. It is hiding tonight beneath layers of February clouds. She points to a star and tells me "Momma, fly!" she does this often when we look for the moon. She flaps her arms and I ask, "You want to fly?" She nods enthusiastically, "Uh huh!"








Reading books to our girl at night
preparing for sweet sleep
I catch Rory staring at me.
I ask, 
"What?" 
His response? 
"I just like to look at your face."

15 comments:

  1. you little girl is beautiful! happy love day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me smile...even though glitter in my dryer lint drives me mad! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute! love those photos!!

    xoxo
    Jenna Duty

    www.thedutyfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. your baby girl is adorable!

    id love to swap buttons with you! let me know if you're interested! xoxo.carolinalove@gmail.com

    http://xoxo-carolinalove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so adorably cute!

    I have a boticca.com giveaway on my blog.. it would mean a lot if you visit my blog and check it out! See you there :)

    You are one step away from winning $100! Click the link below to enter my giveaway! :)
    Enter boticca.com giveaway, win $100
    ♥ www.thegirlatfirstavenue.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Brought tears to my eyes and so fabulously written.

    Cheers!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww.that is so sweet! She is such a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok 1, you write BEAUTIFULLY! and 2, that last bit took my breath. The sweetest thing to hear. It's no wonder these precious kids have our hearts in the palm of their hands. Such a gift. You have shared yours so perfectly here! Love that you will have this story forever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness, you just brought tears to my eyes. So beautifully written!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cute Tahnie! I am your newest follower. What a lovely blog you have here :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful Tahnie, she is such a gorgeous girl and I understand the sentiment completely of being in awe of our luck to have these little people. They are amazing aren't they?

    ReplyDelete