13 August 2010

Not surprised, but still amazed

Whew.

There is a lot going on lately. In terms of milestones, life happenings, big things, every day victories, settling into this shiny new life I have built for myself, and trying to get my head and heart on the same page. (Story of my life...)

Monday was Sook's 6 month check up. She is in the 7th percentile for weight and 2nd for height. Our girl is tiny, but mighty. But you know what? I don't care about things like percentiles and charts because she's growing and she's alive against all odds.

Her pediatrician, Dr. G, who just so happened to be my pediatrician, stopped talking for a second during her visit and simply said, "I'm not surprised, but I'm still amazed."

I wanted to cry, then ask what he meant. That I'm still alive after my medically tumultuous youth? That I grew another life? That she is here and thriving and hilarious to boot?

But I didn't, I just nodded my head and thought to myself, "Yes I know, me too."

No comments:

Post a Comment