02 June 2011

Couscous With Dried Fruit & Feta

The other day I was trying to go to the bathroom and keep Sookie entertained for the five seconds it would take me to pee. I hope you all feel a lot closer to me now. Ha. ;)

Anyway, she insists on staying in the bathroom with me so I've resorted to giving her some old issues of my Rachael Ray magazines and asking her if she can find any puppies for me. I stumbled upon this recipe for couscous with dried fruit and feta in one particular issue from last summer and I decided to make it tonight. If it is as easy as chopping up some fruit, then most of the time I can't mess it up.


Couscous with Dried Fruit and Feta

Ingredients:

  • Two 5.8-ounce packages garlic-flavored couscous
  • 1 cup dried cranberries or golden raisins
  • 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
  • 1/2 cup chopped scallions
  • 1 cup feta cheese crumbles

Directions:

  1. Prepare the couscous according to package directions. Place in a large bowl and fluff with a fork. Stir in the cranberries, apricots, scallions and feta; season with salt and pepper.

This was a part of the take five feature in the August 2010 issue of Rachael Ray and was sent in by Kelly Roehm.

It was so crazy easy and yummy! Which is my favorite kind of recipe. I loved the mash up of tastes between the garlic, the sweet apricots and cranberries, and the onions and feta. My mouth is watering now just writing about it!





{via}

xo.
{t}

1 comment: